Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin butter...


Once I cooked up the pumpkin pie, the other 9 pumpkins were staring at me from the garden. Every time I entered the yard, I could see those big orange orbs gleaming in the sun. I decided at least two of them should be turned into pumpkin butter.

I searched around and came up with this recipe:





Pumpkin Butter

4 quarts of pureed pumpkin (about 2 large pumpkins)
4 cups of maple syrup
1 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger

Bake pumpkin at 350 for 45 minutes or until soft. Scrape flesh from shell and puree in food processor. Add pumpkin to slow cooker with maple syrup, cinamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Cook on Low for 8-12 hours overnight. Check on it often after 8 hours and turn it off when you like the taste and texture. Mine took close to 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment